Job Vacancies Vocational Training Expert - Technical Assistance to Training Institutions
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA
STRENGTHENING THE LIVELIHOODS AND VOICE OF POOR AND VULNERABLE PERSONS IN ARMENIA
Grant No.: TF013894
Assignment Title: Vocational Training Expert - Technical Assistance to Training Institutions
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): SLVPVP-C - 3.1.1
The Mission Armenia NGO has received financing from the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF), through the World Bank, toward the cost of the Strengthening the Livelihoods and Voice of Poor and Vulnerable Persons in Armenia, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Vocational Training Expert’s consulting services - Technical Assistance to Training Institutions (“the Consultant”) .
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: technical assistance to, monitoring of the activities, follow-up of the progress of performance related to vocational education of the Project beneficiaries at vocational training institutions and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the progress of performance.
The Consultant is a full-time position based at the Head Office of Mission Armenia and will be hired for a one-year period with a possible extension of two more years based on the demonstrated performance of responsibilities.
The Consultant will:
· Prepare a detailed implementation plan and schedule for the activities in charge of under Component 1;
· Take part in selection and grouping of trainees by type of course and according to the physical and mental capacities of trainees;
· Participate in selection of competitive vocational educational institutions for Project contracting;
· Advise the project staff in all issues related to the arrangement, coordination and supervision of vocational training courses;
· Guide and coach the beneficiaries in the course of the training process, help them to overcome problems that might arise during the studies, etc;
· Collaborate with local authorities, SESA, and private sector entities for information gathering on job vacancies and other employment opportunities;
· Provide post-placement support to project graduates that successfully found job;
· Monitor the employment and wages of graduates of vocational training with the assistance of monitoring and evaluation consultant;
· Ensure realization of the project outcome indicators in line with the Project Operational Manual requirements under Component 1 and prepare Status Reports for activities in charge of;
· Exercise other powers as requested by the Project Coordinator.
The Mission Armenia NGO now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
· University degree in Pedagogy or in other relevant field;
· Minimum 3 years of professional work experience in Vocational Education and Training field (experience working for or with the World Bank and/or international organizations is an asset);
· Proven track-record of work/collaboration with and sound knowledge of vocational institutions, employment agencies in Armenia;
· Excellent drafting and written communication skills in the Armenian and English languages;
· Proficiency in office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Internet).
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. /www.worldbank.org/procure/
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Section V, Selection of Individual Consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines. /www.worldbank.org/procure/
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 18:00
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by July 17, 2013.
Attn: Alla Harutyunyan, Head of HR Department
Mission Armenia NGO