Job Vacancies Vocational Training Expert - Technical Assistance to Small Business Opportunities
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT)
REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA
STRENGTHENING THE LIVELIHOODS AND VOICE OF POOR AND VULNERABLE PERSONS IN ARMENIA
Grant No.: TF013894
Assignment Title: Vocational Training Expert - Technical Assistance to Small Business Opportunities
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): SLVPVP-C - 3.1.4
The Mission Armenia NGO has received financing from the Japan Social Development Fund (JSDF), through the World Bank, toward the cost of the Strengthening the Livelihoods and Voice of Poor and Vulnerable Persons in Armenia, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Vocational Training Expert’s consulting services - Technical Assistance to Small Business Opportunities (“the Consultant”) .
The consulting services (“the Services”) include: technical assistance to, monitoring of the activities, follow-up of the progress of performance related to small business trainings conducted for /micro business transactions carried out by the Project beneficiaries and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the progress of performance.
The Consultant is a full-time position based at the Head Office of Mission Armenia and will be hired for a one-year period with a possible extension of two more years based on the demonstrated performance of responsibilities.
The Consultant will:
· Prepare a detailed implementation plan and schedule for the activities related to micro-business opportunities under Component 1;
· Take part in selection /contracting of a training company for micro-business training and grantees for receiving and realization of sub-grants;
· Provide technical assistance to the training company; follow-up support, guide and coach the grantee-beneficiaries, help them to overcome problems that might arise during the micro- business transactions; resolve issues as they arise, etc;
· Ensure realization of the project outcome indicators in charge of and respect for the Project Operational Manual requirements under Component 1;
· Monitor the results of profits of beneficiaries-grantees of small business, with the assistance of monitoring and evaluation consultant;
· Prepare Status Reports for micro-business training and sub-grants under Component 1 of the Project;
· Exercise other powers as requested by the Project Coordinator.
The Mission Armenia NGO now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
· University degree in Business Management or in other relevant fields;
· Minimum 4 years of professional work experience in and sound knowledge of the relevant business field (experience working for disadvantaged populations is an asset);
· Excellent drafting and written communication skills in the Armenian and English languages;
· Proficiency in office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Internet).
The attention of interested Individual Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. /www.worldbank.org/procure/
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Section V, Selection of Individual Consultants set out in the Consultant Guidelines. /www.worldbank.org/procure/
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 18:00
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail by July 17, 2013.
Attn: Alla Harutyunyan, Head of HR Department
Mission Armenia NGO