Job VacanciesPI/ External Relations Assistant
"Mission Armenia" NGO is seeking for a PI/ External Relations Assistant who will be responsible for ensuring proper correspondence, translation and interpretation, preparing programmatic papers, etc. within the frames of the Project "Provision of Social, Medical, Legal and Shelter Assistance to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Armenia" (MA-UNHCR ARM01/2018/0000000121/000) and MA other projects.
TITLE: PI/ External Relations Assistant
START DATE/ TIME: 01 October 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07 September 2018
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
- Design and develop promotional materials and documentation for publicizing (leaflets, banners, life stories of beneficiaries, press releases, photo-reporting, posters, articles, print-outs, etc.);
- Identify, collect, classify, analyze and store any significant information connected to the programs run by Mission Armenia (MA) NGO for internal and public use;
- Write proposals, concept notes and carry out other activities related to fundraising covering the following main themes: refugee assistance, humanitarian assistance, poverty reduction, social partnership, disability, aging;
- Design and develop PowerPoint presentations both in Armenian and English languages and make presentations at roundtable meetings, fundraising events, etc.;
- Make up, compile and elaborate narrative progress reports;
- Translate MA correspondence, a variety of programmatic papers from Armenian language into English language and vice versa; ensure interpretation at trainings, meetings, etc.;
- Maintain correspondence of managerial staff, including incoming and outgoing messages and letters;
- Arrange in-house distribution of correspondence to the relevant staff members, help with translation of the message texts;
- On an as-needed basis provide relevant technical assistance to the staff regarding paperwork issues, questionnaire completion, report data compilation, etc.;
- Perform other job-related tasks that may be assigned by the Program Manager and President.
- University degree in Human Sciences, Public Relations, Journalism or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience; experience working with UN-funded projects is an asset;
- Good knowledge of branding, marking and reporting requirements of UNHCR;
- High level of computer literacy; proficiency in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages; knowledge of another language (preferably Russian) is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, creative thinking with strong composing and designing capabilities.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com mentioning the title of the announced position ("PI/ External Relations Assistant") in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.